African Dream Root: Silene Capensis Plus Synaptolepis Kirkii

Today I am beginning a three month process. After which, I expect to be waking up with vivid recall of my previous night's dreams forevermore. Silene capensis, if taken daily for three months, will have permanent effects on dreams, dream content, and dream recall.

African dream root (silene capensis) is used by the Xhosa people to induce vivid "prophetic" dreams. The only information I have been able to find about it comes mostly from forum posts and blog posts. If not a stimulant, then it is at least stimulant like. Some people report difficulty sleeping if they take it before bed, some report better sleep. Thus, I will be taking my dosing in the morning, with an optional smaller dose before bed. This post mentions a sedative like effect at low doses, and a stimulant like effect at higher doses. This could explain some of the varying reports. It's effects on dreams don't typically appear for at least a few days. After a week or two of daily use, the effects become very powerful. After three months, the effects become permanent, only to be temporally displaced by taking certain drugs.

Traditionally, silene capensis is mixed with water and then stirred with a stick until foam gathers on top. The foam is what is consumed. I will not be taking it like this, as it uses larger quantities and is harder to calculate relative dose. I will however, use this to test the quality of my purchase. If it foams well, I presume that means it is high quality.

Synaptolepis kirkii appears to be subjectively similar to silene capensis. However, I've seen several reports saying that they prefer the effects that synaptolepis kirkii has on their dream content and feel. There is not as much information on synaptolepis kirkii as there is on silene capensis. I'm sorry I can't be more informative on synaptolepis kirkii at this date.

I will be taking synaptolepis kirkii and silene capensis in equal quantities. They both arrived in powdered form. I might, make tea, capsules, or just chew and swallow. Silene capensis tastes sweet, a bit similar to liquorice.

No comments:

Post a Comment